Out with an 18% Profit
With these trades I sold all the securities in the delta neutral portfolio on Thursday:

I am going to review each security in the portfolio.

I lost 11.73% with JNJ and I should not have considering that it did make a move. I suspect that it was mispriced when I opened the position. The delta of the call was 0.3 and the delta of the put was -0.7. During the time that JNJ moved from $64.25 to $65, the call moved from $0.5 to $0.75 and the put from $1.5 to $0.8, giving effective deltas of 0.33 and -0.93. That is the delta of the put was substantially underestimated.



I made 22.03% on KFT. It was a well timed sharp move.



The gain on NFI was just 4.94%. Just churning.



RAI gave me a 27.71% gain. Nice move between the Bollinger Band and the moving average, even if it is a bit late in the volatility expansion for this stock.



I lost 2.84% with USG. This one was churning.



I made a 36.51% gain on TYC. This was a momentum trade in volatility since the expansion started in the middle of September.


Categories: stock options, volatility, delta neutral
Technorati Tags: stock options, volatility, delta neutral

I am going to review each security in the portfolio.

I lost 11.73% with JNJ and I should not have considering that it did make a move. I suspect that it was mispriced when I opened the position. The delta of the call was 0.3 and the delta of the put was -0.7. During the time that JNJ moved from $64.25 to $65, the call moved from $0.5 to $0.75 and the put from $1.5 to $0.8, giving effective deltas of 0.33 and -0.93. That is the delta of the put was substantially underestimated.


![]() | ![]() |
![]() |

I made 22.03% on KFT. It was a well timed sharp move.


![]() | ![]() |
![]() |

The gain on NFI was just 4.94%. Just churning.


![]() | ![]() |
![]() |

RAI gave me a 27.71% gain. Nice move between the Bollinger Band and the moving average, even if it is a bit late in the volatility expansion for this stock.


![]() | ![]() |
![]() |

I lost 2.84% with USG. This one was churning.


![]() | ![]() |
![]() |

I made a 36.51% gain on TYC. This was a momentum trade in volatility since the expansion started in the middle of September.


![]() | ![]() |
![]() |
Categories: stock options, volatility, delta neutral
Technorati Tags: stock options, volatility, delta neutral
![Blogger Feed [Blogger Feed]](http://adwords.blogspot.com/media/blogger-feed.png)
![Add to My Yahoo! [Add to My Yahoo!]](http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/my/addtomyyahoo4.gif)
![Subscribe with Bloglines [Subscribe with Bloglines]](http://www.bloglines.com/images/sub_modern1.gif)

![Blogroll Me! [Blogroll Me!]](http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3803/blogrollme1uw.png)
![Add to Technorati Favorites! [Add to Technorati Favorites!]](http://static.technorati.com/pix/fave/tech-fav-4.gif)


















posted by Benz at 11:18 










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home