[Blogger Feed] [Add to My Yahoo!] [Subscribe with Bloglines] Powered by Feedburner [Add to Google] [Blogroll Me!] [Add to Technorati Favorites!]

2006-09-20 10:15

Checking the Deltas

I created the following chart by pasting two charts on top of a third one. I'm trying to check how accurate are the deltas that I get from ivolatility.com and it would be nice to have a charting tool that would allow to do that.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As of the end of last week the delta of GEJG was 0.45 and the delta of GEVG was -0.58. Therefore I bought 58 GEJG contracts and 45 GEVG contracts. Now the chart above shows that when GE price dropped from $34.96 to $34.6 between Monday and Tuesday, GEJG dropped from $0.41 to $0.30, which is a delta of (0.3-0.41)/(34.6-34.96) = 0.30, and GEVG increased from $0.60 to $0.80, which is a delta of (0.8-0.6)/(34.6-34.96) = -0.56.

The following charts show the relative performance of the securities in the portfolio:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Categories: ,
Technorati Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Finance MarketWatch
Bloomberg StockCharts
888Options Optionetics
Schaeffer IVolatility.com
MarketWatch Option Chain
Who Links Here

Web Blog Pinging Service