[Blogger Feed] [Add to My Yahoo!] [Subscribe with Bloglines] Powered by Feedburner [Add to Google] [Blogroll Me!] [Add to Technorati Favorites!]

2006-09-10 08:00

Lessons Learned

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The USG positions generated a 28.42% profit. I would have made even more if I had not rebalanced twice to keep the delta low. Volatility increased during the time I hold the positions. It is leveling off now.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

ECA positions generated a 21.38% profit. In this case rebalancing once increased my gain. Volatility increased and it still increasing now.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I basically broke even with DNA. The first rebalancing avoided actuallu losing money on these positions. The second rebalancing prevented me from making a bigger profit. Volatility started growing late in the trade and it is already leveling off now.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I lost 30.65% on OSTK positions. I would have lost less if I had not rebalanced. I would have essentially broken even if I had closed these positions earlier. Again, volatility started to grow late into the trade.

Categories: ,
Technorati Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Yahoo! Finance MarketWatch
Bloomberg StockCharts
888Options Optionetics
Schaeffer IVolatility.com
MarketWatch Option Chain
Who Links Here

Web Blog Pinging Service